I’m a planner. There’s no denying that. So, even though we aren’t living in our new apartment full time (hopefully before the middle of June it’ll be official!), I’ve been making lots of plans for our new digs.
Today, I thought I’d share the list of future projects for our new apartment broken down by room. Some of the tasks have inspiration links attached. I’ve been getting a lot of ideas from Pinterest and other awesome blogs and I cannot wait to get to the action!
Here’s what’s on the docket:
- Accent wall behind couch. Maybe fabric wallpaper?
- Living room gallery wall. (I love the layout of this one!)
- Buy large shelving unit for books/display/board games/etc
- Curtains + new curtain rod for window
- Buy lighting and side table for couch
- Create an al fresco dining area
- Plant something (and keep it alive!)
- Hang festival lights
- Floating shelves with hanging wine glasses
- Buy new dining table and chairs
- Rug for under table?
- Create chandelier from CB2 Whirly Candleholders
- Indoor herb garden (how gorgeous are these!?)
- Create an organized and efficient pantry
- Buy new bed and dresser (possibly second hand and refinish?)
- New night tables?
- Art/mirror/etc. for above bed
- Necklace frame display (like this one!)
- “Inserts” for shoe shelves (to keep my heels from falling through)
- Hang up lots of art.
- Closet work station for Megan (like this or this?)
- Paint desk (Maybe blue?)
- Create a gift wrapping station
- Organize all craft/hobby supplies (finally!)
There are some purchases on the list but also a lot of DIY. I’m hoping to get organized right from the beginning and find a home for everything but also make it beautiful. Why shouldn’t your living space be awesome, right? So, stay tuned to watch these projects unfold!